Pristine Oven Clean – You know where to come for clean and grease free ovens, hobs & extractor fans. Now you can have the same standards in the rest of your home. We work closely with local cleaning company Time For you Northants who can make the rest of your home super clean too!
Home Cleaning – Kitchen
Keeping the kitchen area clean is so important, but time consuming and tedious. We recommend the following best practices to help keep on top of one of the busiest and messiest areas of the house:
- Dishes – don’t let them pile up, scrape waste food straight into the bin and either load into the dishwasher or wash them. Doing this sooner rather than later will save a lot of time and effort having to scrub off dried on food later on.
- Drying dishes – if you do dry your dishes rather than stacking and allowing to drain on the draining board, make sure your tea towel is clean, otherwise you simply wipe on germs
- Work surfaces – Using warm soapy water and a clean sponge and towel. Sweep from the back of the counter towards the front and catch any crumbs or residue and rinse off. Do not let these fall to the floor, as they will most likely be spread around the kitchen, likely to hibernate under appliances and be walked through the rest of the house. Choose a small area at a time and before the work top dries, dry off with a clean cloth or tea towel. This will prevent unsightly smears. You can clean cupboard fronts and appliances in the same way.
- Sinks and taps – Most sinks and taps are stainless steel and although clean can look dirty with water marks. Wipe with warm soapy water with a soft spoge so it doesn’t scratch the surface and buff dry. Et voila sparklingly clean draining board and taps.
- Floor – if your kitchen floor is non-porous i.e. it is lino, or tiles or another completely sealed floor type, a thorough hoovering to collect all dust, crumbs etc. Using the flat edged tool to get as far under the appliances and other nooks and crannies… do not attempt to hoover any wet substances, clear these up first with kitchen towel. Washing, use very hot water and your chosen detergent, we recommend using an anti-bacterial liquid. Check the bottle before using for the first time to make sure it doesn’t damage your floor type. Using a good mop, methodically wash the floor rinsing as often as possible to avoid streaks and smears. If possible, open the windows and doors to enable the floor to dry faster.
We hope you enjoyed our tips for kitchen cleaning. Should you decide you would rather we do your cleaning we are happy to provide a regular cleaning service at a time and day to suit you. Our cleaning schedules are weekly, fortnightly and monthly. If you need a hand to get on top of the housework we can offer a one off deep clean too. We are happy to discuss your cleaning requirements you can contact us on 01604 791799 or email email@example.com